Skip to main content
Hello! My name is Haakon Nordal Moller. I come from the Norwegian city of Sandefjord, about 2 hours away from Oslo (the capital). Sandefjord is originally a very small city of about 50.000 people, but recently the city/county absorbed another city so the community is now no longer that small. Despite this Sandefjord is a typical small town where everyone knows each other.

Where I am going? Currently I have no destination or set goal in life. My goal is rather to see as much of the world as possible while I am young and have the opportunity. I wanted to study abroad ever since I was in elementary school, so I have always known I wanted to travel. Before I eventually go back home I want to at least live in a few more countries. I plan on achieving this by getting a job that allows me to travel, what that job ends up being is less important to me than the freedom it will allow. I would also like to take my MBA somewhere else in Europe, like INSEAD or HEC.

I very like my parents in that I can be very stubborn about my opinions, especially my core values. I am different from my parents in that it is very important to me to try new things and experience new places.

If I am being honest I would have to say that I am operating under other peoples expectations. One of the reasons I love to travel is that it helps me tell apart what I want and care about and what I have been conditioned to care about because of my culture. The more I travel the easier it has become to decide what is important to me. 

My biggest role model in terms of following one's passion and personal responsibility is the recently retired Italian soccer player Francesco Totti, who stayed at his boyhood (and my favorite) club AS Roma his entire career despite being one of the best players of his generation. The way he chose his own passion and love for the club over money and personal glory is a great inspiration to me.

A wild animal that I feel a special connection to is the meerkat. When I was a kid I stuck my arm in the meerkat cage at the zoo and one of them jumped up and licked my hand. My mom told me that he was trying to bite me but just couldn't reach my hand, but I refuse to believe that.

When I was a kid I got a Venus flytrap for my birthday, but he wouldn't eat any flies.

Comments

  1. Haakon, I too would love to travel more and live in europe! I used to live in england as a child, and studied abroad in Paris! Love the tid-bit about the meerkat, I am sure it wasn't trying to bite you too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment