Skip to main content

Random Blog Post II

FIFA World Cup Dilemma

The FIFA World Cup in soccer is coming up fast, and for the first time in my life I struggle to pick a team to root for. Being from Norway I would like to support my own national team, but since we rarely even qualify for the World Cup I usually go for Italy, because the club team I support (Roma) is from there. The problem is that this year Italy did not qualify, which is unheard of! I am sure a lot of American soccer fans are struggling with the same thing I am, seeing as the US did not qualify either. Soccer is growing in the US which is great to see, so I hope that does not lead to people loosing interest.

Usually when Italy go out in the World Cup I follow one of the smaller South American sides like Mexico or Paraguay, so maybe I will do the same this year. Or maybe I will support the national team of whoever has the most Roma players (which would be many countries tied with 1). I like Belgium because they have a young team and Roma's best player, Radja Nainggolan, but there are also other countries I like, for example Brazil and Argentina. All I know is that I do not want England to win! Whenever they do well their fans become unbearable. Either way I am sure it is going to be a great World Cup.

Comments