Skip to main content

Random Post I

Zlatan in LA

Finally soccer superstar Zlatan Ibrahimovic has made his long awaited move to the Los Angeles Galaxy, and I have to say it has been just as entertaining as I had hoped it would be! If you do not know Zlatan Ibrahimovic, he is one of the most arrogant soccer players in the world, probably one of the most arrogant sportsmen in the world in fact. It is hard to tell if Zlatan's arrogance is a marketing scheme or genuine confidence, but either way everyone either loves him or loves to hate him. When Zlatan announced his going to LA he took out an add in the Los Angeles times simply saying "you're welcome LA", and I think that encapsulates his personality pretty well.

Personally I have never liked Zlatan Ibrahimovic that much, but I must say that he is entertaining. Even when he had the talent to back up his mouth (he is a little old now) I thought he was an overrated player who played for himself more than his team. I remember he used to have a rivalry with Norwegian striker John Carew, and once said that "Whatever Carew can do with a ball I can do with an orange", which I did think was funny.

Zlatan is old now, but he still has star power and showmanship! In his first game in Los Angeles he scored a 30 yard volley in the derby against LAFC in a 4-3 comeback. He also had an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel which I thought was hilarious. It was particularly funny because Zlatan is so arrogant and Jimmy Kimmel seemed to have very little idea about who he was. At one point he suggested that Zlatan's new nickname should be "Swedish fish" which had me dying of laughter!

Comments